Moist and rich carrot cake with dried fruit and nuts.
serves: 8 | prep time: 20 mins | cook time: 1 hour
- 4 free range eggs
- 200 grams salted butter
- 350 grams grated carrots
- 100 grams raisins
- 100 grams chopped walnuts
- 200 grams plain flour
- 3 tsp ground spice mix (allspice & cinnamon)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 120 grams light brown sugar
- 50 grams dark brown sugar
- Melt the butter in the microwave (on low).
- Add sugar and eggs to a bowel then add the melted butter (make sure the butter isn’t too hot).
- Whisk together for a couple of mins until it forms a thick batter.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder/soda and spices then fold gently until combined.
- Add the grated carrots, nuts and dried fruit to the mix. Fold until combined.
- Take a cake tin and line with butter or oil.
- Spoon in the cake batter and bake for 1 hour @ 170 degrees C.